Dave Hollinger IFMGA Mountain Guide
Dave is a full-time IFMGA guide and British Mountaineering Instructor (MIC) based in Sheffield, UK. Originally from near Belfast, you're as likely to find him in the Alps, Scotland, Snowdonia or the Peak District as his native Fairhead. Dave is well known for his pragmatic and considered approach to delivering very high quality training and guiding in the mountains. He is also an extremely talented mixed climber & alpinist and good company to be on the hill with. Dave runs his own mountain skills training company in the English Peak District, 'Peak Mountain Training'.
Dave's enthusiasm for the mountains extends to all seasons and a huge diversity of work and play. Starting high level alpine climbing with equally highly motivated students at Cambridge University Dave's subsequent 15 years of climbing, mountaineering and skiing have taken him all over the world from the Himalayas to the big walls of North America, the European Alps and the rich diversity of climbing in the UK.
- Fine second ascent of the huge West Face of Ama Dablam, Nepalese Himalaya (2001)
- First Ascents in China's Sichuan Province (2004)
- Impressive Alpine North Face tick list including EIger, Matterhorn, Grande Jorasses, Mont Blanc's Eckpfiler, Droites etc
- Hard winter first ascents and repeats in the Scottish Highlands e.g. Unicorn (VIII,8), Cornucopia (VII,9)
- Extensive UK wide traditional rock climbing up to E4