Gavin Pike IFMGA Mountain Guide
Gavin is an IFMGA Mountain Guide who has lived in the Chamonix valley for the past eight years. From a background in trad rock climbing and Scottish winter climbing in the UK, he has gravitated to the wonderful mountain playground that is the Mont Blanc massif...
Gavin has climbed and ski toured extensively in the Western Alps, and enjoys the challenge and commitment of alpine north faces. Ascents over the past ten years include:
- Walker and Croz Spurs, and Colton-MacIntyre, north face of the Grandes Morasses
- Cecchinel-Nomine, Grand Pilier d'Angle
- Peuterey Integrale
- North face of the Matterhorn
- North face of Les Droites
- Supercouloir, Mont Blanc du Tacul
His exploratory nature extends to the Greater Ranges, where he has opened new routes in Alaska, and attempted unclimbed faces in Nepal.
Gavin has a relaxed, patient and encouraging personality, and loves sharing the experience of the next big adventure in the mountains...