Tim Blakemore IFMGA Mountain Guide
Tim is an International (IFMGA) Mountain Guide and experienced British Mountaineering Instructor (MIC). He has many years experience of climbing, guiding and training and is a well known and popular figure within the UK mountaineering scene. Tim has been mountaineering since his teens and has a background of hard winter climbing in Scotland, Norway and the Alps including some impressive first ascents. As well as all this he is known for his engaging manner and good humoured company both on the mountains and in the huts. Tim lives with his son Michael in Scotland and continues to enjoy the local crags and hills.
- Tim has a background of hard winter climbing in Scotland, Norway and the Alps with ascents of a diverse set of routes from a solo of Royal Pardon (VI,6) to The North Face of Les Droites to the first ascent of 'Gully of the Cods' (VII,7) with Dave Hunter in Norway's Lofoten Islands.
- Further first ascents in Antarctica as well as closer to home on UK rock and Scottish Ice.
- Tim has led various international expeditions to the Nepalese Himalaya, Kyrgyz Tien Shan, Rwenzori Mountains (Uganda) , Ecuador and Kilimanjaro.
- His career has spanned over a decade and in addition to guiding and instruction includes youth based outdoor education and centre management. He is a technical advisor to a number of organisations.
- Tim runs his own successful Guiding business, Northern Mountain Sport, which also provides training and assessment in a variety of NGB outdoor awards.