Technical Alpine Peaks
Many of the classic alpine peaks have 'normal' routes that are actually challenging and exciting mountaineering outings. We aim to seek these out in 6 days of technical rock, ice and mixed alpine action. With a base in Chamonix we can operate throughout the Western Alps, climbing in the French Mont Blanc Range, Italian Aosta Valley or Swiss Valais. Depending on weather and conditions we can tackle anything from lower, more technical rock routes right through to mixed ridges on the high 4000m peaks.
- Dent de Geant (4013m), South West Face (AD)
- Aiguille de Entreves (Traverse, AD)
- Zinalrothorn (4221m) Various routes options from AD- to D
- Dent Blanche (4357m) South Ridge (AD)
- Grand Cornier (3961m) South West Ridge (AD)
- Obergabelhorn (4063m) Arbengrat (AD)
- Eiger (3970m) Mittellegi Ridge (D)
- Grand Muveran, S. Ridge (D+)
- Mont Blanc du Tacul, Left Edge Route (AD)
- North Face of the Grand Paradiso (AD)
- Wiwanihorn, Stein Adler Route (AD)
- North Face of the Tour Ronde (AD)
Or let us know if you have other things in mind, we'll be happy to research them for you.
Suggested experience and fitness:
A solid background of UK hill walking and mountaineering e.g. scrambling, some easy rock climbing and winter mountaineering. A good level of fitness and mental toughness for long alpine days (up to 10 hours).
Further Details & Booking:
We are always delighted to hear from past, current and future clients so whether you have a booking enquiry, want a conditions report, or some mountaineering advice please do get in touch to discuss your plans...
Good climbing & skiing,
High Mountain Guides
Tel: +44 115 888 2994
Skype: High Mountain Guides
Email: Please use the form below
A photographic celebration of the vast array of alpine mountaineering in the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. Routes covered include introductory rock scrambles right through to the North Face of the Eiger. Inspiration lies within....