- This course has passed.
Ski Evasion Aravis Touring Day 🇫🇷 Feb 2023
This is a guided ski touring day, designed to give you a good progression from our intro days with a longer tour and and some slightly steeper terrain. It’s more about exploring this beautiful and inspiring area to ski tour in rather than having a massive day or skiing steep couloirs, but it should be a solid intermediate touring day nevertheless.
Depending on conditions, the course is based either in the brilliant Evasion ski area and we use the lifts to get started, or, we travel further afield and tour in the Aravis. Hopefully finding some fresh tracks in good snow along the way!
This course will run either in one of the Evasion Ski stations eg Combloux, Les Contamines, Megeve or St. Gervais or a more remote touring location in the Aravis. We will give meeting instructions just prior to the course in order to make the most of the prevailing conditions. So you can either meet us direct at the ski station or we can collect you early that morning from Sallanches or Le Fayet train stations.
- Enjoy a good days ski touring in the Aravis or around one of the Evasion Ski Stations
- Do some fun off piste skiing & hopefully find fresh tracks in great snow
- Continue progressive training in the essential skills for ski touring including the both the technical touring & ski skills as well as discussion of terrain choice with regard to snow conditions and the avalanche forecast
- Spend a sociable day in the mountains and meet other like minded skiers
Each of our touring days & weekends blend a great mix of satisfying ascents on skins, fun & sometimes remote off piste skiing, completing some fine backcountry journeys whilst undertaking some important training along the way…
Evasion Aravis Ski Touring – Fitness & Ski Pre-requirements
- Good fitness to complete a full days ski touring with usually a maximum of around 3-4 hours uphill at an ascent rate of around min 300m/hour. Thus skiers should be prepared for a physical day of skinning, off piste skiing, generally being high in the mountains.
- This is a course for folk who can already ski with linked short radius turns on pisted black runs and who have decent experience descending off-piste terrain in a controlled manner. Skiers need to be confident that they can safely negotiate the equivalent angle of black runs in all snow conditions. This does not need to be fast or stylish but it does need to be effective and safe.
£200 per person per day
This is a guiding fee only & does not include any equipment hire, lift pass, food & drink, insurance, travel to the chosen venue in the Chamonix Valley or any other expenses.
Maximum guiding ratio of 4 guests to 1 Guide