- This course has passed.
August 27, 2018 - August 31, 2018
Our classic 5 day Chamonix Mountaineer programme gives you the opportunity to develop technical mountaineering skills whilst climbing some brilliant Chamonix alpine routes along the way. The aim is to develop your movement skills, alpine experience & fitness levels with a view to tackling steeper alpine ascents in future. This is an inspiring goal and great step towards bridging the technical gap between fine snowy peaks like Gran Paradiso & Mont Blanc with rocky & harder ascents like the Matterhorn and Eiger.
This course starts by tackling more technical & steeper rocky ground than is experienced on Mont Blanc for example but in lower and easily accessed venues. Training & practice on relevant terrain, but in less committing places allows the opportunity to build skill & confidence which can then be applied on higher mountain alpine routes later in the week…
- Develop your existing mountaineering & basic climbing skills to allow more technical alpine ascents to be made in future.
- For many this will mean helping to bridge the technical gap between e.g. Mont Blanc & The Matterhorn.
- Spend 5 enjoyable days climbing, mountaineering & training around the Chamonix Valley.
- Increase high altitude mountaineering experience & improve stamina / endurance for alpine ascents.
- Meet some other like minded mountaineers, even possible partners for a future Matterhorn programme.
- Have a fun & sociable week with 1 night spent in a high alpine mountain hut.