- This course has passed.
Chamonix Off-Piste & Mountain Skills – Progression Course – March 2020
March 23, 2020 - March 26, 2020
Our second Chamonix off piste & touring course has been designed specifically for those who want to develop their skills after the standard course, or those with a similar level of experience. The aims are to further improve both your technical off-piste skiing, ski touring skills & mountain safety awareness whilst visiting some different venues, interesting new terrain and do some great ski touring journeys in the process.
The course features 2 days off piste coaching with a ski instructor and 2 days touring / ski mountaineering with an IFMGA Guide.
- Develop competence and confidence skiing in adventurous mountain terrain
- Improve technical ski ability on steeper & more sustained slopes
- Develop ski touring skills with the view to tackling steeper / harder day & hut to hut tours in future
- Complete some excellent high mountain ski touring with at least one long (1000m+) day
- Develop planning skills for selecting your own ski tours & route finding / terrain choice during the tour
- Meet like minded others keen to enjoy 4 excellent days mountain skiing & touring