- This course has passed.
Monte Rosa Mountaineer – August 2020
Click here for full course details »
August 24, 2020 - August 28, 2020
The Monte Rosa chain forms a magnificent high alpine & glacial massif straddling the Italian & Swiss borders and presents the mountaineer with a superb series of snowy peaks to climb. Whilst the Dufourspitze (4634m) is the highest point of the range, our route approaches from the more accessible glaciers on the Southern, Italian flank of the mountain via the beautiful Gressoney Valley. The focus for this 5 day high alpine adventure is Punta Gnifetti (4554m) and its extremely high crowning Margherita Hut. For those with sufficient acclimatisation and fitness this provides a memorable journey deep in to the heart of one of Europe’s most remarkable mountains landscapes…
Monte Rosa Mountaineer, Featuring…
- 5 days of physical high alpine mountaineering climbing several peaks from 3500 – 4500m, alpine grade F to F+
- Initial 2 day mountaineering & acclimatisation trip in Mt Blanc Range. Night in a mountain hut, alpine start, climb a 3500m peak
- 3 day trip deep in to the heart of the Monte Rosa Massif, accessed from the Italian Gressoney Valley
- 2 nights spent in famous Italian mountain ‘Rifugios’. Superb locations, hospitable staff, great food, cafe & vino. An experience in itself!
- Quality mountaineering training given on day 1 and consistently developed throughout the course
- Great progression and acclimatisation towards climbing other big 4000m peaks like Mont Blanc
- Meet other like minded climbers for a sociable week in the mountains